When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So..What do you guys think about BikeFlights?

-
Well.... your stuff will get there quicker (if it gets there). Yes, UPS ground is definitely quicker than fed-ex ground. (I ship for a living)

call in to Bikeflights and the customer service rep "cannot confirm or deny" what the company will be doing in the "future"

Some of that bullpoop

- Scathing email sent to Bikeflights, not concerning the shift but concerning the method of keeping customers in the dark intentionally.
I planned on shipping a number of bikes today, how can I do that in good faith with the suspicion that they may change their service over completely at midnight tonight or something?

Dissapointed in Bikeflights.

EDIT part 2:

I received a call back from the rep I spoke to at Bikeflights apologizing for her lack of transparency.
She confirmed the switch, and that they had entrusted that information with only top shippers for a major announcement to the public tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow, that’s a drag. UPS has a horrible reputation for shipping bikes, and going direct to FedEx for a label is cost prohibitive. This is another blow to the hobby, exorbitant eBay fees being another.

I can’t say I’m not surprised about this though. I can’t imagine how they were making money or building a strong partnership with FedEx with their business model. I’ve been baffled as to how it’s survived this long. I fear this switch will only delay the inevitable - it’s likely not a viable business but I hope I am wrong and they go back to or include FedEx as an option.

Last edited:
At one time it was explained that the UPS material handling system max out just short of adult size bike boxes.

It was a crapshoot for the boxes, and if the didn't make the gates, the box would be hand "handled". Horizontally, vertically,
inverted or some combination.

And then there are the drivers who just don't care a whole lot.

I did hear that if you label your boxes as large screen tv's , they get better handling.

Hmmmm.

Anyone use Fastenal shipping ?

Fastenall I believe has good results, but expensive. They wanted $160 to move a Doodle bug or such with no engine. Not even across country.

Back