When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So..What do you guys think about BikeFlights?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Most damage seems to be at the pointy ends; either the head tube or the rear drop outs.
My last shipment had 3 delivery exceptions, until I went online (no paper notes); maybe the seller requested the signature confirmation.
I recall checking, and I thought that it only read, on top line, delivery will be attempted on the next day.
Because it was already 3 days, and I did not have a printer capability, I just signed my own note with the tracking number and taped to front door.

Have shipped and received bicycles old and new since the 1990s using FedEx and UPS.
From my experience the vast majority of damage is the result of poor packaging.
As far as price: do the research, factor in time and all expenses then go with what works for you.

agreed. Although I do believe FedEx treats the packages a bit better....it's up to the packers. MOST packers suck at
packing bikes... especially those unfamiliar with the task. It's nerve wracking getting a NICE bike shipped from a
total stranger, Ebayer, Clister etc ... Even some folks who have been in the hobby for ages never learned how to
pack a bike. You can always insure against damages by going the extra mile packing the bike or item right.
Laziness, flakiness and plain stupidity and ignorance ares the causes of most damages...NOT the carriers

BF is' cheap but you get what you pay for. They rarely answer phone, the web site has issues.

Last, problem solving communication is poor. I learned this the hard way when a package I shipped was damaged (Fedex) and you have to pull teeth to know what's going on.

I just found out about this yesterday when I went to ship a bike from my friends Shop in Wisconsin to myself in Texas and it was $110!!! It used to be half that max! I’m pretty bummed because I have a few more bikes up there!!

My favorite thing about these third party shippers is you can enter whatever dimensions and weight you want. Shave a few inches here, drop a few pounds there. Watch that final price get mo better. Since your dropping off pre-labeled packages, nobody knows the difference. Disappointing they switched. I’ll be checking out Shipbikes as well. Thanks for the tip!
Never had any damages with any of my shipments either. Of course I completely disassemble the entire bike and pad the heck out of it. Now on the other end, I’ve received some pretty paltry packaging over the years. If your not going to do it right, don’t do it all please.

The last bike I shipped via Bikeflights IDK 2017 or so. , first use for them just because they quoted the best price. Too Phoenix and it turned into a hassle as it went past Phoenix and nearly got stuck in middle of nowhere. I managed to track its location, get in touch with Phoenix, back on track and delivered. BUT, the box was torn and beat to crap, and I prob should have cushioned the peddles better as the tape I'd secured them with broke loose and chipped up the frame's paint where I'd tied them on.

But Bikeflights went to town on the shipper and with hardly a hassle got the buyer $150-200 bucks. I l ike that, Bikeflight did the work and it was only a $250 bike so all ended well for both, save that, it does suck to even get one lousy scratch on any bike, especially older 'collectible'. But like I said, despite that they'd destroyed the Schwinn box I used, everything else was covered with foam, float tubes and special items that Schwinn uses, etc. Although it was how I'd usually tied em on and never had a problem, I should have cushioned the peddles better. B/C otherwise, it would have made it fine.

As some know what a real pain it is getting shipper to honor damage claims and or complete it timely, Very happy with Bikeflights pricing and service.

Last edited:
Back