When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So whatta think how my repop Whizzer turned out?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got bored, dug around the boxes and put some things together....

New motor kit...
Repop Phantom...
Some cool accessories and an imagination....

Its a smooth as a brand new Cadillac, a half kick and it starts so nicely... high compression head, it's fast.

View attachment 1034675
Looks Awesome!! I'll bet with that high compression head it does about 40+ m.p.h. Have fun and Ride On. Razin.

My dad has a 2005 NE5 Whizzer (bought it for $350) and after a little grinding & polishing of a restrictor plate in the carb it'll do like 50mph on a universal moped speedometer. Other than the mountain bike tires that came on the bike it's a blast in the ass to ride!!! I want to do what you have done with a vintage bike but Pops won't sell me the Whizzer so it's jus' sitting buried in the corner of the garage :( . I may put a 49cc Motori Minarelli moped motor on 1 Some Day with a 80cc bore kit ;)

Any motor on a bicycle is cool dude, I'm happy to hear your juices are stirring to put something together. Like the man said once, "I didnt build this for YOUR approval..."
Good luck, keep us posted with pictures :)
Jim

Great idea and super results! I wonder why nobody has done that before.

I sorta did with an NE5 kit and help from a few locals.
Jim Scott who supplied all the parts to assemble this bike.
Keith Jones who assembled the Whizzer parts on the bike and did the paint and striping.
And Bill Green, who got rid of all the cheap Asian parts, and replaced them with good ol' USA parts and made it fast.

Not to step on your thread too much here Jim, just answering the question.
and not the first time I've posted these photos.

Last edited:
I got bored, dug around the boxes and put some things together....

New motor kit...
Repop Phantom...
Some cool accessories and an imagination....

Its a smooth as a brand new Cadillac, a half kick and it starts so nicely... high compression head, it's fast.

View attachment 1034675
Hey nice job love it. Starting whizzer project myself. Colson looptail frame for starters. Any advice as I go forward. Thanks and very nice bike. Jim

The whole motor kit was removed from a repop Whizzer minus 90% of the wiring.
I've got 5 original Whizzers, all require tinkering of some sort before a each ride... it's a Whizzer. But with the new motor it's a totally different feel of darn near a new car... a half rotation start, pull up the kick stand, you dont even have to pedal to take off it's thats smooth.
I'm glad you like it, it was fun to build and may do another some day.
Yes I second output comment on the new whizzers motors ! I have over 10k mi on one of the earlier NE5 motors . Built like yours with an old schwinn . So much fun . And good electric output for lights . Can’t go wrong . I just got a kit complete motor wiring and clutch form100$ can’t wait to start another build . Og ones are nice. But definitely take more tinkering!

I sorta did with an NE5 kit and help from a few locals.
Jim Scott who supplied all the parts to assemble this bike.
Keith Jones who assembled the Whizzer parts on the bike and did the paint and striping.
And Bill Green, who got rid of all the cheap Asian parts, and replaced them with good ol' USA parts and made it fast.

Not to step on your thread too much here Jim, just answering the question.
and not the first time I've posted these photos.

View attachment 1090768

View attachment 1090769
I saw it in person!! Very nice Dave!!

Back