When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So where does everyone paint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I paint outside on non-windy, low humidity days. be CAREFUL not to paint too early or too late to avoid moisture getting on your paintables. Dew is a bitch!
I paint as quickly as possible to ensure wet overlap, and a smooth finish. I paint in shade if possible.

Get some big cheap drop cloths from Harbor Freight and that will keep over spray from hitting everything in your garage.

Get some big cheap drop cloths from Harbor Freight and that will keep over spray from hitting everything in your garage.

You guys are really slipping. I fully expected Vince's reply to be along the lines of "I paint in Dave's moms kitchen" or even something better. What is it? Christmas spirit? a manlove truce? Come on guys this thing has reached two pages and you haven't bashed each other yet! Its a cry'in shame when a third party has to start instigating! V/r Shawn

You guys are funny. I totally got the answer I was looking for. Everyone gave pretty diverse info.
I personally like Gary Mc's creative solution. Once again, using that "out of the box" brain. Thanks everyone.

Now Dave and Vince can ramble ;)
Thanks for your serious answer Vince, haha.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I have a Big Lots 10' x 10' picnic canopy tent (top cover only) and about 6 cheap shower curtains hung from all sides. The roof supports are great to hang items from. It's portable, can be taken down and put away when not in use, can be put up virtually anywhere and keeps your parts out of elements & dust while they dry. Cheap clear shower curtains work best so you get plenty of light. Mine has a white plastic canopy for more light. I used clothespins to hold the shower curtains together if I use it in the yard but have also set it up in the garage. Probably cost me $100 total & can even be put up in a garage to have less worry about dust or contaminants. Great for people without shops & with limited area plus not something most neighbors will complain about it especially since you take it down when done. There you go, portable "redneck" paint booth.

Awesome idea and most likely to find these cheaper right now!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I got lucky

my work has a large walking spray booth with individual stalls and hangers
but I did paint some motorcycle parts one time in a makeshift tarp tent.

My Dad was a body and paint man for over 50 years so we grew up with sandpaper in our hands. With the old laquers you could shoot these virtually anywhere because mistakes were pretty easy to correct. The enamels almost require some sort of booth. I occasionally restore a car and I actually sprayed the color coat in the yard (75 degrees, no wind, low humidity--a rare day in Geargia!) on this one then closed off a carport with plastic sheeting to shoot the clear coat. My garage had way too much stuff in it! I did hose down and squegee the concrete floor to eliminate as much dust as possible. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• monte2.jpg
    monte2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 65
  • monte 3.jpg
    monte 3.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 60
  • monte 6.jpg
    monte 6.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 64
Back