When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who prefers to "Preserve the Crust"?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Extra PATINA red phantom , awesome rider !

20190512_184916.jpg

20190512_184905.jpg

20190512_184926.jpg

I have threshold. If it will clean up and look nice I do it. If not don’t. No repop or painting period. Fluid film stops the rust but a little stinky but not like wd40.
I use Marvels Mystery oil on my old bikes and works really well to preserve the paint and patina.. Use it even on my bare metal Schwinn i built a couple of years ago and still looks good.. Works for me...

I like to think of my stuff as 'buffed crust'. I've always liked my stuff ultra clean, as in I'll chase every last bit of dirt or grease out, even stuff that won't be seen or noticed by anyone, then buff up what's left. I'll compound an original paint frame and chrome, then give it new tires, tubes, etc. I prefer to keep as many original parts on a bike as I can.

Some day I would like to do a bike completely untouched (other than greasing bearings, etc or replacing a tube if I have to). I've always wanted to find a dirty barn find bike with ancient tires that would still roll without blowing out!

I like to think of my stuff as 'buffed crust'. I've always liked my stuff ultra clean, as in I'll chase every last bit of dirt or grease out, even stuff that won't be seen or noticed by anyone, then buff up what's left. I'll compound an original paint frame and chrome, then give it new tires, tubes, etc. I prefer to keep as many original parts on a bike as I can.

Some day I would like to do a bike completely untouched (other than greasing bearings, etc or replacing a tube if I have to). I've always wanted to find a dirty barn find bike with ancient tires that would still roll without blowing out!
Whatcha got in the herd? Share a pic or two.

20230409_100431.jpg

Back