When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who prefers to "Preserve the Crust"?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just to clarify, I dont hate on restored stuff.if you use it, enjoy it, and ride it often, then its all good showstopper or crusty cruzer! My comment was directed at the snobs that are the first to put down anything thats not impeccably restored, yet are to scared to actually use and enjoy their own bike or car because it could get dirty.i do ground up restorations on cars and schwinn krates for a living, so of course I like the show winners, they pay my bills! Rust repair is also a big part of the trade too.so having a crusty ride is a nice contrast to what I deal with daily.people assume that when they see a ride with heavy patina, that its a lack of ability, lazyness or being cheap.alot of the time its just as hard, if not harder to pull off a proper aged build.i admire the guys that ive met at some of these so cal rides out on beautiful bikes with polished paint and fresh chrome, just as much as the guy I met doing block long burnouts in a $100000.00 fully restored 63 vette.my point was dont hate, enjoy! Sorry if anyone misunderstood what I was trying to say.

And as far as that race freqman1, that would be really kool.you would probaby win, im old, out of shape and all.but it would still be a blast! Lol.

I like a few different styles of vintage bikes. Restored, nice original survivors and crusty patina. Although on my B4 its at the cost for what I know could be a nice smooth riding bike. The wobbly wheels are in pretty bad shape with rusty frozen spokes, but I cant bring myself to try to make them better because I know I'll lose allot of the rusty crusty patina. So I'll ride it till the rims fall off!

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

It will get scratched and worn looking over time after I finished with it. Then again, they are all my 'cars' and I always tried to do something to dress up my cars.

Back