When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who prefers to "Preserve the Crust"?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This bike has been in my shop for a few weeks now and I still cannot bring myself to clean off the 50+ years of storage dust. I have some newer Carlisle's on the way, these originals are scaring me every ride, so either I will age the Carlisle's or start the cleaning process.....first world problems, sorry to bother you!

Anybody have the Delta Horn Tank or Rocket Ray I need? Please drop me a PM if so, cheers!

Crusty or restored, don't really matter to me....as long as you can ride it!:rolleyes: The one benefit of a crusty old bike compared to a nice restored looker is the no big deal or the excruciating pain when it tips over and hits the ground or something dents or scratches it.. .

Last edited:
Ok so it depends for me....i will clean of dirt and dust immediately no matter what. As far as crust goes, if the bike is a beautiful survivor that only needs an Oxy dip to be perfect I will remove the crust. If i bike is so crusty that it will never clean up, i will leave it alone and ride it as a zombie. I take it as a personal challenge to put bikes on the road that are super rough...
Case in point this Western Flyer i pulled off of a junk yard fence....it was rouggggghhh, and still is but ive put 50+ miles on it now. Its so rust that the frame bars have topography and holes and pits the size of pencil erasers...lol
Last pic is another one that is in line for a crustoration. Lol

530F2981-345A-485A-82D6-D341A4F83BB6.jpeg

510A2322-28B1-4DA1-B8A3-0949C4666F2D.jpeg

FF0E5DB9-D377-4E25-8FE2-4A0087979574.jpeg

Back