When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who want's faux wood grain 700c clinchers??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
So who wants faux wood grain 700c clinchers??

While searching the interwebs one day, I came across pics of woodgrained Velocity P35's. Perfect for my TOC bikes! Unfortunately the more I looked into it, seems they have have been discontinued for some time:(. I emailed Velocity about it, and it looks like they have been contemplating bringing them back! I could not get a definitive yay or nay, but how bout anyone that's interested in these send their rep an email!

Dave DeYoung
[email protected]

My emails:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:02 PM
To: Dave DeYoung
Subject: Shopatron Message

Comments from consumers at your Shopatron.com store
Customer: MICHAEL BURKS JR
Phone:
Fax:
Email: [email protected]
Comments:
I've seen that you once offered your P35(Blunt 35) 700c wheels in a faux wood finish. Do you still make them or plan to make them again? I have a need for at least 2 pair, and know of several others that would gladly buy several pairs themselves. We all have early bikes,ranging in years from the 1880's-1930's. These rims would be perfect to get them back on the road with new clincher tires. There is quite a call for these, so I'm sure you will sell quite a bit of them. Thanks so much for your consideration. Mike

------------------------------------------

Dave DeYoung
To me Feb 24
We are working to possibly bring them back in stock. I don't have an ETA, or a cost yet, as soon as I know more I will let you know.

Thanks for your interest in Velocity USA.

David DeYoung,

me
To Dave DeYoung Feb 24

That is great news!!!!! I am a member of several vintage bicycle forums & this has been brought up several times. Most of us are already using your 28,32 & 36 hole Blunt 35's with new 700c tires to get these old bikes back on the road, but the wood finish would look so much better on the really early bikes that originally did come with wood wheels. Thanks so much for getting back to me. I look forward to hearing from you & purchasing several pairs of these wheels. Mike

velocity_wood_full-1.jpg

Pic Danny(lobsterboyx) posted a few years ago

0ab40f11-1.jpg

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?18534-Where-to-Buy-Velocity-Teak-Woodgrain-Rims

Last edited:
I would be in for a set or two.
Maybe worth checking with other vintage bicycle forums as well.
I will also send an email.

I emailed the company just now and encourage all of us to do so. The more emails he gets, the more seriously he will take it. If he gets swamped with emails, he won't be able to ignore the sales potential. These are a perfect solution for our rim problems. Please contact them. Contact info is: [email protected]
Don't be shy.

KEEP THIS GOING!!

I have had this set for a wile now. Even had them for sale a few times. but they some how found a home on my Dayton Roadster.
buildings 091.jpg

buildings 091.jpg

I think these are great & would definitely go for at least another pair when they become available.

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 598
I would be up for at least a set or two!!!!! Great rims, I've built several sets of the P35's and even went as far as having a set nickle plated.

Hey guys, if everyone that viewed this thread, (121 so far), just took 5 minutes to sit down and compose a simple email to the contact at Velocity, we could actually make this happen. Could he just blow off 120 emails..........I don't think so. This is very important to a lot of us. Won't you consider doing this for the cause. Even if you will never use them, you will helping keep the oldies on the road. Think about it please......

you could always go with stutzman rims if you can't find wood grain p35's
I like the p35 blunt but, I love stutzman's real wood 700c ones better just MO.

Nick
60b6854b91a130dec30190ee16e837a8-1.jpg
15cecaa1f6e7477b019aff64a0e612e1-1.jpg
8b5f97e964b0fbf98037619f81f06286-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back