When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who want's faux wood grain 700c clinchers??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
To each their own, but $220 each seems high to me. I paid $435 total, including shipping, for two wood 700c clinchers from CB Italia including finding an ebay 90mm OLD front hub (ND Model W, actually a pair of them), having that wheel built locally, and the rear wheel coming assembled with a Velosteel coaster (it was $310 for the fully assembled rear wheel and front rim with nipples shipped). They also make them with kevlar reinforcement if you want to run more than 58 psi.

I think everyone has lost sight of the original intent of this thread. Velocity used to make wood grained clincher P35 rims. They have been asked to bring them back and they are thinking about it. The thing is, the more interest shown, the more likely it is to happen. Remember these will only cost about $100 each and they are very easy to spoke. It is a good way to go for wood replacement rims, and they are very strong, making them worthy of off road riding too. It just gives us one more alternative and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Wood Wheels From Noah Stutzman

I just received a few sets of wood wheels with the aluminum inserts from Noah Stutzman that I will use on my Iver's. They are absolutely stunning and I believe they were just under $125 each. Also, I believe mine are Maple, not Oak although both types of wood may be available. They look so nice I almost hate to use them !! Pete in Fitchburg

827a55dcb5064e7dc23183a1b4cb9088-1.jpg

I wrote a email to velocity. I hope they will bring the wood style rims back. I made a trade with a guy for this rim. The thought was that I could buy another one to match. Bummer deal for me if I can't get another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First - everyone on the cabe should sent an email to velocity.....please! This is his point. otherwise you have to buy them strip them and get it done yourself - expensive option.

Secondly, Stutzman's rims are fantastic....Keep in mind the aluminium inserts are made in china - he subs these out. Also they are not pinned but screwed at the joint....This is not a problem ( he is my Fav rim builder ) just something to point out. Very few of our bikes are high performance so it makes little difference. Thirdly, You should ask for the type of wood you want from Stutzman - he will accommodate when possible. Lastly, One must also consider CB Italia.... Quality and Service - Old School style. Just no carbon option.

Last edited:
Is it just me??? I'm not crazy about the look of the faux wood grain that is applied to these Velocity wheels. Is the wood grain pattern similar on all wheels or does the wood grain pattern vary? Pete in Fitchburg

Well this is very true... BUT - I have friends who build full wooden performance bikes and people ask them all the time if they are real....meaning they all think they are fake ( Faux ) - they are not...... So - to the untrained Eye it works and allows the use of Modern material. That is all - to most of us...we can see it from miles away. I think the same could be said for Boob jobs. I had a pair of faux wood burl velocities Deep V on an IVER i bought from LuxLow - and I can tell you when I was at Bike shows - they were what everyone talked about.... i will see if I can find a pic and post it here. Not that this is not a frankenstein rim - it is...But hey - Cool is cool. Anyone seen the new porche spider. Man a work of art.

MyIver10.jpg

https://youtu.be/5Nr7ymjCAfQ

View attachment 207985

[video]https://youtu.be/Bc9UUPNaOzE[/video]

https://youtu.be/GW78XQicDC4

Still can't beat old school.....maybe bit can! Shhhhhh - Don't tell anyone.

7646a299f2514b82e69845f7c6571c96.jpg

Last edited:
Back