When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, ya say ya wanna sell a Klunker...

-
There's a difference between not making a profit (which I never stated as a goal), and bending over and grabbing your ankles.

I see nobody took a stab at my actual question. ;)

(quote) How the heck do you arrive at a value on something like that?

Please understand for a moment when you say "Klunker" I'm thinking Schwinn's spelling of the actual "Clunker" spelling, confusing to me.

These "Clunkers" are like Art, some see them as a bucket of bolts, as others see them as a Masterpiece. They are personal creations, the value is in the parts, no one ever seems to pay for your time. But those that appreciate them, understand their Value and will pay the $$ if it's what they desire.

42 autocycle wrote:
I never pay full price for anything, that helps in the end.
All I can say is ... Better lucky than good!

It makes me think about all the people I've met from ad's on craig's list that REALLY want to buy some cool widget from me (mostly vintage bike parts) and HAMMER me on the price! And... I tell them to go pack sand!
I even had one guy swivel then sit down on the ground to pull off his right shoe... To get the extra "Bengi" he needed for the sale! 🤣

Soon after, I had seen him boasting about his "find" here on the CABE! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes me think about all the people I've met from ad's on craig's list that REALLY want to buy some cool widget from me (mostly vintage bike parts) and HAMMER me on the price! And... I tell them to go pack sand!
I even had one guy swivel then sit down on the ground to pull off his right shoe... To get the extra "Bengi" he needed for the sale! 🤣

I never pay full price, that does not mean I bargain them down, it means I only go look at bikes that are underpriced by the seller. of the 10 or so I bought to keep over the last few years I bargained the sellers down on only 2. still paid a fair price for what they were. the other 8 were so cheap I just paid the asking price.
I sold 18 bikes this last year, I'd say 15 of the buyers bargained with me, it is part of the process.

Ok! Then it is a matter semantics!
I'm sorry I took what you were saying in a WHOLE different light!

And honestly maybe I should "chill"! I might be taking this whole Knunker "think" way to seriously!

IMG_0957.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like anything else, hot rods , motorcycles, bikes and most things we
Restore especially when you build something to you're preference or style people rarely get what they put into it ,even if it's just a cheap bike you buy to flip if you have to clean it ,add a couple tubes and or tires ,grips it all adds up, I've been doing it a long time but I've also given away a lot, it's just something I've enjoyed doing .

Rafael ~

Back