When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Socket Wrench Set - Recommendations?

-
Hobo Freight has good sets, aka Harbor Freight.

This is a great starter set.

View attachment 1747594
Everyone loves a Harbor freight deal til the Jackstands you bought start creaking while you’re trying to benchpress a transmission into the car… a funny feeling for sure🤣

Craftsman is as good as you are going to get in a set. They are perfectly adequate. 6 point, 12 point, deep and impact bits have their uses but do they need them for the work thy are going to do? Fortunately I have never made a living spinning a wrench and the big Craftsman set has served me well. Get the biggest that is on sale!

I see that Craftsman has smooth rounded handles on their ratchets now. 💩 That's my least favorite type. PITA when working with oily greasy hands or doing heart surgery while on your belly installing spark plugs or header bolts. With socket sets, the ratchets are the key to a good set IMO, and I still use my old Craftsman flat rectangular handled ratchets. Having no control when busting bolts or nuts loose will deplete your band-aid supply in no time.

Hola to all the cabers" @Coyote ! I'm still using some from my Dad and my old Craftsman - Snap on! If he going to just working on occasionally, the HF, also the Husky from H Depot, even WM is selling their on stuff! If you need to be serious,then buy old used tools, at the flea market, good old stuff, when were made in USA*

Back