When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soft spot for a pink lady

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

56 Vette

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Picked up a pile of parts that one time looked like a 54 Starlet, couldn't help myself but to bring her back to her former glory, instead of ravengering her for parts, I decided she needed to live again. All the paint polished out rather nice with some nicks and chips here and there, put in all new bearings, picked up a new front axle, and through evilbay, found the seat and pink rocket ray to complete her from a departed sister. The rocket ray needed help from leaking batteries, but is back together and lighting the way. Need to finish the S-2's and wrap them in the new duro whitewall bricks, and she'll be ready to ride again. While at Memory Lane, grabbing tires, couldn't help but get the old girl a new horn also. Should be done in a few days, hopefully the weather breaks! Got a lady or two here ready to give her the maiden voyage. Joe.
IMG_20150408_083318_469.jpg
IMG_20150329_175942_289.jpg
IMG_20150407_202530_987.jpg
IMG_20150407_231345_167.jpg

Last edited:
It was definitely too nice to part out. Thanks for saving it. It looks great.

I did the same with this blue one. It came together from three different bikes, Frame, fork and running gear from one bike, fenders and chain guard from a second one, and wheels from a third. The tank came from a friend. He said it "had to be" because the rest of the bike fell into place with the correct colors. The rack came from another bike I had and I just painted it with what was available at the hardware store. I'm still looking for a correct rear rack and Rocket Ray. This is a '58 according to the serial number. What is the correct seat for it?

100_4475.jpg
100_4476.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I was afraid that it was correct; it came with the frame. To me this style of bike needs a more traditional looking saddle like on earlier models.

Thanks for the comments, nice bikes also guys! The girls bikes don't get a lot of respect, but I really enjoyed working on this one. All done except waiting on the new chain, will post a picture or two when she's out in the sun. I'll agree the older saddles just look a little classier, there was one like mine on eBay for $25 I think, not a bad price, I'll try to look it up again if you want me to. Also this is the first bike I've done on a work stand, man these things are great! Have great one, Joe.
IMG_20150409_083805_775.jpg
IMG_20150409_083711_423.jpg

If the girls don't save them then it is up to use because they have that Schwinn style. It is our legacy. Someone kept it safe until we could get our dirty, callosed hands on them.

Back