When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Softening hard tires?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Love the tires. Let's see the Ranger.
The only tip I heard to soften old tires is let them sit in the sun on a hot day. Never done it, just what I've read on here. Good luck

will make them soft while hot lol when they cool will be the same
nothing you can do with old dry tires no matter what anyone says

They've been in direct sunlight with a black background for two hours now and the sun sadly isn't helping much.

Propylene glycol eh? What can I expect after using this method? Will it change the look or color of the tires?

Thanks
Chad

Black background. perfect! lay on plastic and spray with John Deere "Ultra Guard" tire rejuvinator. I've used it on the white with blue tread. If they are at all plyable, this could work. Gently massage out creases/flat spots. I did 3 treatments, eventually got them round and they held 13 lbs air before began to leak. I put plastic over them too to keep the warmth in. Product was $12.00 shipped on line for 24? oz spray.

Last edited:
Back