When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold SOLD 36 Schwinn original paint SOLD

-
My dating was mostly based on this. I’d love to hear others chime in though.

e0724c988a55fb09fdafd5928624cd9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number of digits after letter, hand stamped verses machine stamped. Small machine stamped digits and larger machine stamped digits. All that along with the preceding letter need to be taken into consideration.

Such well preserved paint!My knowledge of prewar schwinns is limited.when did the curved downtube replace the straight one? I always thought it was 40 just based on what i see here on the cabe.just thought id ask to educate myself since this became a discussion.whoever scored this bike did good.

Such well preserved paint!My knowledge of prewar schwinns is limited.when did the curved downtube replace the straight one? I always thought it was 40 just based on what i see here on the cabe.just thought i.d. ask to educate myself since this became a discussion.whoever scored this bike did good.
In 1936 Schwinn started the curved downtube. But there were other Schwinn frame models that had the straight down tubes after 1936 also. These too evolved into curved downtube models.

I'm gonna speculate again on diamonds stamped on bottom.my first thought was that it referred to frame issue but someone countered that it never would have left the plant. It may point to number of a different headbadge.Such as Lincoln - EZ speed + etc.The builder could reference the # and place appropriate headbage /graphics.

I had a 35-36 schwinn badged as an EZ Speed which also had a diamond stamped with the serial number. I like the theory that all non schwinn badged bikes had these. In fact I’m about to post another prewar schwinn for sale with a diamond stamp on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back