When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold SOLD N4 1964 1965 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe Sky Blue $650 shipped lower 48

-
Here for your consideration is this very rare N4 code 1965 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe in original sky blue paint. Arguably the rarest serial number code of all the Stingrays, the N4 code represents a brief window (~11 business days) where the Schwinn factory was opened to meet Christmas demand. This particular example was built on December 23rd! SN is N440521.

Second to last pic is when I got it this summer. Came out of Philadelphia via eBay. Many hours and much $$ was spent to get it to this point, $650 shipped is cut my losses and move on price...

The good:
Rare and interesting 1st gen early stingray model with the ~2.5 year only "shorty" frame.
Original reverse screen chain guard
Original 28h S2 rear wheel
Other original or as original parts throughout e.g. 65 dated stem, crank, bars, grips, A.S. bolt seat post binder, seat post, etc.
New whitewall tires
"N4" serial number bike. Very rare stamping produced when Schwinn was opened for only 11 days in December 1964.

The bad:
Non-original side-stamped S7 front wheel
The seat may or may not be original but has a rip in it under the tape
Paint and decals not the strongest shape but may clean up
Crank seems slightly bent but will come with a very nice, straight chrome crank
Rear hub has a bit of gunk on it. I’ll include an absolute cherry 28h Bendix red band replacement hub
Sold without pedals

Thanks for looking!

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

IMG_7830.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

IMG_7832.JPG

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_6980.JPG

2018-10-24_0827.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Krakatoa! My good buddy refinished them and sold them to me at practically give away price - very nice of him!

Yeah, odd timing - it actually sold on eBay as I've had a BIN auction up there for some time. Judging by the ship to address, looks like it's off to Japan!

Back