When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold quick. Military Huffman?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just picked up a rear wheel for this project (thanks @barneyguey!). Date code is L1, first quarter '42. Too early, but hopefully still "close enough" ? Strangely, the hub and its parts are nickel plated, but painted over O.D. Green. Also, the rim profile and the spoke nipples don't match the front wheel that came with the bike. Maybe this wheel is from a Cycletruck, or?

G519 Rear Wheel L1 Morrow - Barry Gray-001.jpg
1426601 1426602

1426603 1426607

Re;
Nice find !
Regards;
Serge
Hi Serge

Looks like we both have the last recorded Westfield Columbia G519’s. I just purchased and now plan to restore M14199A. I’m in need of accessories (preferably original ones not reproduction) for a kick stand, pump, Bevin Bell, and Persons tool kit. Looking over the amazing job you did restoring your and was hoping you may have a source for securing these accessories?

Hi @Dave Stromberger

Some of the early G519's in the first Huffman contract used L1 dated Morrows, as did some of the MF type Columbia G519's. So it would be entirely appropriate for a G519 restored to 'Motor Pool' quality, ie, using correct WW2 parts.

I see you are advertising to exchange it for an M date code instead. You may have luck, I see from the G519 listings one Columbia and three Huffman's where this could happen (and a couple of owners are members here). Best of Luck.

Best Regards, Adrian

Hi @Dave Stromberger

Some of the early G519's in the first Huffman contract used L1 dated Morrows, as did some of the MF type Columbia G519's. So it would be entirely appropriate for a G519 restored to 'Motor Pool' quality, ie, using correct WW2 parts.

I see you are advertising to exchange it for an M date code instead. You may have luck, I see from the G519 listings one Columbia and three Huffman's where this could happen (and a couple of owners are members here). Best of Luck.

Best Regards, Adrian
Thanks Adrian!

I should buy a lottery ticket! What are the odds that I should end up with not ONE but TWO G519 rear wheels within the span of just a few days? Just yesterday, another local bike friend came to me with a "heavy duty old wheel"... with a M2 date code! It has a rim and spoke nipples that match my front wheel. Just ONE quarter earlier than the ideal M3 wheel for my bike. Most of the original O.D. Green paint is intact, too. Pics coming soon.

Ah Dave,

they're like buses....

Seriously, that's impressive. (-: Have you asked him where the rest of the bike is?

And I wouldn't argue about one quarter earlier, back of the shelf, bottom of the box. One quarter later... Well, I probably wouldn't argue that either, in reality.

I'm sure the other one will find a home without difficulty should you decide to move it on. There are far more frames than hubs available.

I would wish you an excellent weekend, but it appears you are already having one.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Ah Dave,

they're like buses....

Seriously, that's impressive. (-: Have you asked him where the rest of the bike is?

And I wouldn't argue about one quarter earlier, back of the shelf, bottom of the box. One quarter later... Well, I probably wouldn't argue that either, in reality.

I'm sure the other one will find a home without difficulty should you decide to move it on. There are far more frames than hubs available.

I would wish you an excellent weekend, but it appears you are already having one.

Best Regards,

Adrian
He told me it was in a pile of parts he bought. I asked him to keep an eye out for other O.D. Green parts. We'll see!

Back