When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold quick. Military Huffman?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Apparently they used fabric tape for rim strips, instead of red rubber like you'd see on civilian bikes.

G519 Rear Wheel M2 Morrow - George Ward-004.jpg

Hi Serge

Looks like we both have the last recorded Westfield Columbia G519’s. I just purchased and now plan to restore M14199A. I’m in need of accessories (preferably original ones not reproduction) for a kick stand, pump, Bevin Bell, and Persons tool kit. Looking over the amazing job you did restoring your and was hoping you may have a source for securing these accessories?

Thank you for your interest, you have the penultimate one, the last one is the MG14220A wich is being restored at a friend's place here in France.
For the parts, i have no sources, i am at the moment, just like you, looking for the same parts for my new project.
The majority of business takes place during the day at home; wich for us, it happens at night when i sleep 😿
Regards;
Serge

Thanks for sharing that information Serge. If I can be of help in alerting you to any parts or accessories (given the time zones differences) I would be happy to do. I just missed an original brass pump and original clamps.
Trying to track back some history on my bike but it appears like your and your fiends it was in France at some point and brought back to the USA. We need to swap some pictures as we get these last of the lot G519’s restored.

Hi, @Trail Rider @blackcat

Below is what I currently have recorded for all MG and MC bikes in 1944. I recently found the exact date that the A suffix started (20th Jan 1944), which is why 1944 is divided into two parts.

1623613290106.png

@Mountain Trail Andy currently has the newest known at MG14250A. It will be interesting to see if any later ones than this survive.

Because production of G519's finished early 1944, they all had a chance to be used on active service.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi, @Trail Rider @blackcat

Below is what I currently have recorded for all MG and MC bikes in 1944. I recently found the exact date that the A suffix started (20th Jan 1944), which is why 1944 is divided into two parts.

View attachment 1429246

@Mountain Trail Andy currently has the newest known at MG14250A. It will be interesting to see if any later ones than this survive.

Because production of G519's finished early 1944, they all had a chance to be used on active service.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Amazing that you know and record all these details. It would cool to add a column for where these bikes now are located. My bicycle that I just purchased is going to Bergerwerke Bicycles who specializes in restoration of G519s. Will share some pictures as it gets professionally restored.

Amazing that you know and record all these details. It would cool to add a column for where these bikes now are located. My bicycle that I just purchased is going to Bergerwerke Bicycles who specializes in restoration of G519s. Will share some pictures as it gets professionally restored.

Hi, @Trail Rider

Yes, Bergerwerke do good work, and used to make excellent replicas.

There is a column in progress on these listings for G519, not for current location (since they move around, it would be impossible to keep it up to date), but for origin instead. My original idea was to see if there was any way of seeing how/where these bikes were allocated originally. From anecdotal evidence, we seem to see more of the later ones here in europe, and the earlier ones are in the US. That makes sense, since the requirements closest to home would be filled first, and then we see large batches of bicycles built in late 1943 (and many other items too) in preparation for what would be DDay.

There are, of course, exceptions. One of the only two known early MF serial bikes is in France, the other in the US.

It's a bit of a slog to do, and the origins arn't always evident, so I progress on it only when I'm especially bored (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
That is great. I’m trying to locate a frame builder from the Westfield Columbia factory that worked in 70s. I have heard he is an avid collector and may have access or has in his possession of archive files that may have some very specific details. If I succeed in finding him will certainly share what I learn.

That is great. I’m trying to locate a frame builder from the Westfield Columbia factory that worked in 70s. I have heard he is an avid collector and may have access or has in his possession of archive files that may have some very specific details. If I succeed in finding him will certainly share what I learn.
Is this Mr. Columbia?

Back