When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD SOLD SOLD 65' violet 3 spd stingray

-
Price
1000 plus the ride
Zipcode

kasper

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have an almost complete original 65 violet 3 spd stingray. It is a late bike (December 65). The way you see the bike is the way I bought it about 5 years ago less the parts I replaced with some nos parts. The wear on the top bar by the neck area was from a master lock I had to cut off the bike carefully.
The only incorrect and non dated parts are as follows.

Incorrect:
Rear tire - 69 sting ray nobby
Front tire - Nos 70 something westy (well it was when i put it on the bike)
Pedals - 1964 pedals
Chain - aftermarket zonkie chain so I was able to test ride the bike. (I have original uncleaned in a bag somewhere)
Brake pads are knockoffs (

for test riding) I probably have a real set somewhere if needed.

The rest of this bike to the best of my knowledge is original. It has a 66 sissy bar on it has the March 66 rear hub which is correct because on these early stingray 3 speeds the hubs were usually 2-3 months off from the month of the frames dont ask me why just seems to be correct on several I have seen. It has the 66 style smooth "s" bolts on the sissy clamps. Front and rear brakes are same as what comes on 66 3 speeds. Handlebars say schwinn with nurling no date correct to 65, has reverse stamped front wheel which was 65 only with dated 65 axle. The chrome on the wheels is in real good shape. The crank is dated 65, has an NOS thumb shift no plastic correct for this yr. Both red dot levers are NOS rear brake cable was on the bike but the shifter the shifter cable and the front brake cable were all rusted and broken so I replaced all of them with NOS items I scrubbed the cubbies the best I could they show real well now. Has correct original silver smoothie with correct 2 pie reflector on back. Has an NOS indicator chain original was hammered and a nos SA 3 speed chain nut. Front brake cable was replaced with a 17 227 original weinnman light grey with the light sparkle in it. Honestly it's been 3 years looking for the yellow oval slick(correct rear tire for this bike) and I have had no luck and I'm to much of a purist to get over it so I decided to sell this girl to buy a new toy with correct tires on it. Hopefully someone else out there can find or has those tires and has better luck then me. Any ?s feel free to ask

Bike will be on FB and Ebay shortly after here thanks -Thomas

Last edited:
Back