When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soma Cycles repopped Bendix 2 speed automatic hubs $120

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Glad someone brought it back. One of my favorite inventions for the bicycle. I hope the quality is as good as when the old Eclipse machine shop made them. Eclipse bought out by Bendix.

@srfndoc Has one for sale in the for sale thread. The company making them is calling them Eagle. They are supposed to be direct copies of the old Bendix. Made in India I believe. With a full line of replacement parts that will also fit the old Bendix hubs.
Thats really the problem.
The old Bendix was/ now is, a 50% reduction which is a pretty large step between gears.
The Sturmey Archer S2 and S2C are 33% reduction which is a much better transition and gear management situation. So for people using them in a modern sense, the SA, for me, is better than the Eagle/ Bendix.
The Bendix is better of course for a period correct or restoration-mod bike where the vintage is part of the package.
The Yellow, Red or Blue Bands are pretty cool too.

@srfndoc
Thats really the problem.
The old Bendix was/ now is, a 50% reduction which is a pretty large step between gears.
The Sturmey Archer S2 and S2C are 33% reduction which is a much better transition and gear management situation. So for people using them in a modern sense, the SA, for me, is better than the Eagle/ Bendix.
The Bendix is better of course for a period correct or restoration-mod bike where the vintage is part of the package.
The Yellow, Red or Blue Bands are pretty cool too.

The original bendix red band and yellow band kick backs and these new eagles are a 33% reduction. .67to1 in low, 1to1 in high.

No idea what the SAs are but sounds like you missed out on a great hub because of misinformation.

The SA's are the same. I went with the SA because I could use the ichibike 11T rear cog vs. grinding off every other tooth from the yellow band cog. It's also gives me a bit easier pedaling in low and an overdrive in high.

The original bendix red band and yellow band kick backs and these new eagles are a 33% reduction. .67to1 in low, 1to1 in high.

No idea what the SAs are but sounds like you missed out on a great hub because of misinformation.
Don't know where I saw that.
Ive ridden a couple and I remembered they felt like a bigger step, so it was easy to believe. Probably a gearing/weight feel.
Then there's the cog situation. Not many choices and more involved to swap.
I wonder if the Eagle company will deal with that?
Not going to worry bout it though, Ive got two S2C hubs on bikes and love them. My only issue might be that it weighs quite a bit. But it does have a brake after-all.

....So I went and looked and found what I was remembering. The Blue Band has a 50% step up for overdrive.

Last edited:
Back