When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Info Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jwebb

On Training Wheels
Hello All,
Picked up this Shelby Flyer. Never restored a bicycle before. It looks like something I would love to try. I took a picture of the bike the way I bought it and a picture of the tag on the bottom. I'd really like some help with knowing what year it is. And a good place to purchase repop parts. I'm not looking to do an original. I've searched eBay. Google doesn't show much to choose from. Thank you in advance for any information.
IMG_1502.PNG
IMG_1509 (Edited).JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

It's a Shelby girls bike , not being a Shelby guy I'm not sure what year it is but someone here will chime in soon with the answer . Possibly a 1953

Last edited:
1953. If your not doing original its not a restoration so you could just post a wanted ad for parts you want here. V/r Shawn

I'm not a Shelby guy either, but I'll say fifties also. Check out Nostalgic.Net here, there should be some good info. for you. Looks like you just need handlebars & a couple of tires. Swap meets are a great place to get parts at very reasonable prices plus people there can help you with advice and insight. Have fun & good luck with it.

Hello All,
Picked up this Shelby Flyer. Never restored a bicycle before. It looks like something I would love to try. I took a picture of the bike the way I bought it and a picture of the tag on the bottom. I'd really like some help with knowing what year it is. And a good place to purchase repop parts. I'm not looking to do an original. I've searched eBay. Google doesn't show much to choose from. Thank you in advance for any information. View attachment 676780 View attachment 676781

View attachment 676782

Welcome! This is a 1953 Shelby, per the VIN tag you posted. This bike would make a cool resto-mod for sure. Before you tear it down, think about what kind of bike you want it to be. I would try to use the frame, guard, fork, truss rods, fenders, rack,and tank if you can. Maybe build a set of wheels for a 2-speed or 3-speed setup?

Back