When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some major frustration tonight...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I left Rosa by the sidewalk here into the night, and NO, it didn't get stolen...

It DID rain.Not a problem normally but when I got out there to chain it up I found the top of my Delta Rocket horn on the ground next to the bike and the batteries of course had short circuited...and also sure enough as soon as I tipped it downward water ran out of the front.

Well for Pete's sake I don't know why that happened, maybe the neighbor's grandson fiddled with it and it doesn't stay together well the start with as that was the horn involved in the crash at the underpass a couple-three months ago. I really don't know at this point, I got off of it around 3 pm after bringing some food home.

I only hope it will work again. Rocket horns don't grow on trees, or I should say they grow on MONEY trees. I still have two to fix and more to buy if I want to have natching horns for seven of the eight bikes (Darla has a tank horn I haven't installed yet).

Now to be fair, the wind could have taken it off...but I have one more reason to be mad at the idiot buried in their cellphone that night...

It's still raining pretty good so I put the top back on as good as I could, left it without batteries and will have to remove it later and find a better place to dry it out.

Huge bummer. Any words of hope and encouragement?

The good news is that the horn has managed to survive and I'm not set back trying to equip a small fleet with antique horns that haven't been made in years. One terminal needs some adjustment though.

Dr, Bob: The patient will live, Nurse Piggy!

1568885935678.png

Nurse Piggy: YEAH, no thanks to YOU!

Last edited:
He's only six, Godfather, I doubt his marksmanship is up to our standards. Perhaps we can get him into the newspaper business and he can work his way up?

Back