When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

someone id these bicycles for me please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
W

wikd397

i found these two old bikes out in the junk yard behind the shop. i believe the girls frame is a 39 firestone cruiser. im not sure what the columbia is. if someone could identify them for me and point me in a good direction for locating parts i would appreciate it. thank you all for your time and brains.

Attachments

• DSC02979.jpg
    DSC02979.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02982.jpg
    DSC02982.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02983.jpg
    DSC02983.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02984.jpg
    DSC02984.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 44
Hey thanks alot man. The columbia looks to be a 1951.

Any idea if anyone make remanufactured parts for these bikes. Trying to get some beach cruisers together for me and the old lady.

Wtb: Headlight, handle bars, and wheels for the girls frame.
Gas tank insert, wheels, chain gaurd, headlight, fenders, rear rack for the columbia.

Thanks all for your time again

"old lady"? Man, I hope your wife doesn't read this, lol.

Good luck finding parts. I'm restoring a 1963 Columbia and finding parts can be a pain depending on what it is. rims and fenders have been the worst for me. Check eBay every day, and use the search terms "columbia bike" AND also try "columbia bicycle". People will use "bike" and "bicycle" so your search results will be different.

As for the Firestone: These were sold (I think) at Firestone dealers and were built by various manufacturers and sold through Firestone. I've seen many. Can you post the serial number of the Firestone and get us more pics?

there was a few different numbers on the firestone, here is what i found; 181419 / 179-7 23x8

this is what i found on the columbia; r219685

im not real interested in making these bikes collectible, just want something cool to ride around on, so like i said before, re manufactured parts will be fine for what i am doing

The hardest part to find will be the tank for the boys bike. I have a set of fenders, chinaguard and a rack that are correct for the comlumbia. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Here is a link to a source for parts http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

Back