When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someones Junk; My Treasure?

-

juanitasmith13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Twice, in the last six weeks, the junk man has pulled up out front, to see if I would give him a few bucks for three bicycles that were set out with the scrap iron... The first time, there were two adult Mountain bikes; both having been always stored indoors [high-end neighborhood], one with a few miles on it, the other NEVER ridden! A look on the internet showed each retailed about $130. I am not really interested; but, I am pleased he brings me stuff, so I buy. The wife really likes them... so, I'm stuck with them!

Yesterday, he pulls up with a 20" Wally-world NEXT boys BMX... the bike was built 31 Dec 2007. It has not been ridden; has the bar code price sticker yet, and clear shipping protector tape on the chrome crank arms... etc. It's an OLD/NEW bike. I have a great-grandson who is 5 years old, and, really too big for his 12" bike with training wheels... I message his father [my grandson] and we hooked-up! Please, notice the cheesy grin. Worth much more than $10.
1 Mason.jpg

Twice, in the last six weeks, the junk man has pulled up out front, to see if I would give him a few bucks for three bicycles that were set out with the scrap iron... The first time, there were two adult Mountain bikes; both having been always stored indoors [high-end neighborhood], one with a few miles on it, the other NEVER ridden! A look on the internet showed each retailed about $130. I am not really interested; but, I am pleased he brings me stuff, so I buy. The wife really likes them... so, I'm stuck with them!

Yesterday, he pulls up with a 20" Wally-world NEXT boys BMX... the bike was built 31 Dec 2007. It has not been ridden; has the bar code price sticker yet, and clear shipping protector tape on the chrome crank arms... etc. It's an OLD/NEW bike. I have a great-grandson who is 5 years old, and, really too big for his 12" bike with training wheels... I message his father [my grandson] and we hooked-up! Please, notice the cheesy grin. Worth much more than $10.
View attachment 332919

That smile is PRICELESS!:D

Just a little bit... like 68 years worth. My first baby was born after I reached 22; sired 6 raised 9. My last baby was a '98 model: she gave me a handsome grandson 5 weeks ago. I have 13 grands; 4 great-grands. The lad in photo is the eldest great-grand. Maybe it's in the water.
Holy garbage, are you old!!

It's sad what people will throw away! When I was a kid in the 80s, I cruised around town on bulk item pickup weeks. Mostly found dept. store 10 speeds that deserved the landfill!

I have that exact same bike on the side of my garage. A neighbor gave it to me. The rear wheel is shot; some kid took a hard landing!

Back