When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something fishy ...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This post got me wondering where the term Sissy bar came from?...did Schwinn actually call it that?...I assume it was a slang name that caught on since your rider your doubling used it to hold on and was a Sizzy?

I always thought "sissy bar" referred only to the tall ones.

a tall sissy bar saved my butt one time when a friend and I were flying down a hill with a big bump at the end, I was on the back and went flying upwards when we hit the bump, I would have flew off to who knows where but stayed on the bike saved by the sissy bar.

it was a blue Schwinn Stingray with whitewalls and chrome Fenders. then he got an Apple Krate.. probably the first year. all I had were hand me downs, we were poor but nobody ever told me so it didn't matter.

This post got me wondering where the term Sissy bar came from?...did Schwinn actually call it that?...I assume it was a slang name that caught on since your rider your doubling used it to hold on and was a Sizzy?
It came from motor cycles it is short for sister bar is what I was told. The sister bar for the btich seat

Back