When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something for all of us who ride to aspire to...

-
I'm guessing the only way you can play a trombone on a bicycle is to ride "no hands", but it looks like even the trombone players were keeping one hand on the bars. Maybe they have something to hold it in place while they work the slide?

I'm guessing the only way you can play a trombone on a bicycle is to ride "no hands", but it looks like even the trombone players were keeping one hand on the bars. Maybe they have something to hold it in place while they work the slide?
I think they’re playing valve trombones. They actually look smaller than a standard trombone. They use a much wider array of brass instruments in Europe than we do in North America. Lots of brass with rotary valves like on French horns, some with 4 valves similar to what was played in civil war era regimental bands. Old TOC Sears catalogs show lots of variations offered beyond the modern trumpet, cornet, baritone, trombone and tuba.

I love this!
I played Baritone Sax in Edisons' Marching Band, 1982 Rose Parade;
Sweetie played the Flute, FVHS Marching Band, in the 80's....
_nc_ohc=cawzSEMhjB8AX_bW_5J&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=4SVth2WNFDIAX9M54cb&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

H.S Rivals, married 35 years and counting. Miracles still Happen!
Eddie & Mercedes, HS Sweethearts Too!!! @Eddie_Boy

I love this!
I played Baritone Sax in Edisons' Marching Band, 1982 Rose Parade;
Sweetie played the Flute, FVHS Marching Band, in the 80's....
View attachment 1842479

View attachment 1842480
H.S Rivals, married 35 years and counting. Miracles still Happen!
Eddie & Mercedes, HS Sweethearts Too!!! @Eddie_Boy
Ha ha. I played drums, mellophone and was drum major my junior year, 1974-75 at Monta Vista High in Cupertino. My wife was colorgaurd at Granada Hills High School. Back when hgh school bands had 150 to 200 or more members. The good old days when every school had a music program. ;)

Back