When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something I’m putting together for a friend

-
Boy that's sharp! Talk your buddy into a set of repop truss rods from bicyclebones. Those would be killer on that beauty with just a touch more chrome. The crank legs sure look long!
Great minds think alike! I was just telling him truss rods would look sweet on it, but he’s spent his budget.
I found an old crusty pair online & will see what I can do with them before he picks it up next weekend.
He lives in Williams, AZ, I figured he could use the longer stroke for the hills around town.

Great work, love the paint scheme. But, if had started life as a Panther, it would have chrome plated rims. More likely with painted rims, it started as a "Fully equipped standard." I have the same basic bike from '52 and it was called the Hornet (1st year for that name.) Both are D-19's

Ed

Great work, love the paint scheme. But, if had started life as a Panther, it would have chrome plated rims. More likely with painted rims, it started as a "Fully equipped standard." I have the same basic bike from '52 and it was called the Hornet (1st year for that name.) Both are D-19's

Ed
The frame was two tone green, and probably had chrome rims. I bought it as a bare frame. The wheels came off of a crusty D-12. This bike doesn’t represent any model, it’s just a rider.

Back