eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

sam

I live for the CABE
May 24, 2006
San Antonio, United States
I've seen one of those----but in what book?

yewhi

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 28, 2010
San Diego
Early suspension bike ala Dr. Suess. ,-)

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
I think that is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen... I do agree, it looks like something "Thing 1 or Thing 2" would have ridden. It's not available for adoption is it?
(Had to ask)
bri.

Reactions: Balloonoob
D

davekingedits

It's been said that, for every problem there is a simple, straightforward solution that does not work. I suspect this is one of those.

Does the third wheel move relative to the rest of the frame? Is it an early suspension system?

Also, I note that it seems to be a woman's bike. Is that significant?

In any case, it is seriously cool. Congratulations on the find.

David

bikesnbuses

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 10, 2006
Southern Rhode Island
Thanks for the comments,I was unsure what to think when I first saw it when I pulled up the gentleman's driveway,I just saw the very front of it and I said to myself " Another girls bike ":rolleyes: I thought I had seen it somewhere before and liked it because it was unusual ,he also had a VERY cool mens safety bike in original paint which he was very partial to,we agreed he should keep that bike and he wasnt partial to this one(neither is my wife :D )

Reactions: razinhellcustomz
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

bricycle

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
...Think I just dyed my "Tidy Whities"... WOW bnb, super find! "American Pickers" should be so lucky...

DonChristie

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nov 4, 2009
Waxhaw, N. Carolina
www.facebook.com
WOW! Un - friggin - believable! I am always amazed at the Mechanical engineering prowess you see on bikes from the turn of the last century! It seems makers had more of an imagination then. OK, so you won the Lotto, what did you pay for it? Im dying here...

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
OK, heres an ignorant question..........what exactly does that third wheel do for the bike? My first thought was training wheels but it can't be that. Beautiful find by the way!

bricycle

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
..not ignorant at all...
My guess would be that the smaller wheel took some of the "bump" out of the ride, due to the fact that the larger rear wheel took most of the brunt of the jolt, then the smaller wheel (and seat) would take a smaller "hit" as it missed part of the rise or pot hole it encountered. Roads, if you could call 'em that back then, were poor at best.
bri.

Reactions: Balloonoob
G

grey3speedfrmeuro

Astounding! It seems Antique bikes come in all sorts of configurations but I have never seen a bicycle like the one you have depicted!

hwstem

Look Ma, No Hands!
Apr 24, 2010
USA
Neat Find. I think its interesting that the link for suspension is a front fork.

D

davekingedits

Actually, I just took a closer look at the photos in the Copake auction, and what is the deal with the chain? I've never seen one like that.

Very nice find, and congratulations.

David

JOEL

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 22, 2006
Birmingham, United States
Tell your wife what is worth and she will warm up to it... Nice score!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!