When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something I picked up recently....

-
that is a wonderful find! inspiring! those finds are still out there! the resale value is only a small fraction of the joy of bringing these rare gems to light. and to the proper forum where they are respected and admired for what they are. i would like to know what you finally decide to do with it. you have a resposibility on your hands that you probably didn't think you were gonna have! good luck! you should show it off at the wheelman site as well!

Learning a little more about the bicycle,I just got this original ad in the mail.It is dated 1898 .When I first saw/picked this bike up I thought it was a ladies bike :rolleyes: apparently not :o link to photobucket album;http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/bikesnbuses/Rex-Cycle/
BESTREX-1.jpg
rex2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love the pictures! museum quality find! Restoration would scare me! there is some irreversible damage that can happen if care and a lot of research is not done. please take your time and have patience. hope to follow this expedition with you. please keep sharing.
Thanks.

Back