When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something I picked up recently....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
WOW! Un - friggin - believable! I am always amazed at the Mechanical engineering prowess you see on bikes from the turn of the last century! It seems makers had more of an imagination then. OK, so you won the Lotto, what did you pay for it? Im dying here...

OK, heres an ignorant question..........what exactly does that third wheel do for the bike? My first thought was training wheels but it can't be that. Beautiful find by the way!

..not ignorant at all...
My guess would be that the smaller wheel took some of the "bump" out of the ride, due to the fact that the larger rear wheel took most of the brunt of the jolt, then the smaller wheel (and seat) would take a smaller "hit" as it missed part of the rise or pot hole it encountered. Roads, if you could call 'em that back then, were poor at best.
bri.

Astounding! It seems Antique bikes come in all sorts of configurations but I have never seen a bicycle like the one you have depicted!

Actually, I just took a closer look at the photos in the Copake auction, and what is the deal with the chain? I've never seen one like that.

Very nice find, and congratulations.

David

Back