When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something Interesting On My First Post

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok
Schwinn made , the E on the serial number =1948-49(?)
Theft proof with that lock thing through the crank that is not "Schwinn Approved "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worksman-bike1.png
Worksman.

The frame has a 1946 or newer Schwinn kickstand... and that is an early style retaining pin. Can not see enough of the kickstand to tell if it is a 'pencil' style or a latter one. As established above, BB number is 1952 [part] or earlier...

Sounds like he has a post war Schwinn frame[d] Frankenbike... jury is still out on what the front fork looks like.

Welcome! Stick around and soak up some bicycle...

Umm, that's a matching Red Schwinn cable.
The Forks are held together with Big "S" bolts on the top, on both sides.
Thanks

Last edited:
The only things I see that are original is the frame and head badge maybe the seat post and clamp. Chrome fork is later. Crank arms and pedals are later. Can't tell on the stem and handle bars. No mention of heavy duty spokes in the 1948 catalog , so I'm guessing the wheels are later. Seat newer. If this is 1948 the only canti models I saw in the catalog are 3 different grades of Deluxe Autocycle. http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/1948.html

I agree--its pretty much a frankenbike. Nice start on a rat or custom but way too far gone to try and restore. V/r Shawn

Back