When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something very odd here...

-

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Working on a 57 Rudge with front Dyno hub. Everything came apart fine and bearings serviced/ all good. However, for some reason, the Dyno shell will not slip back on to the fixed cone. I don’t want to get stupid with it, but it just won’t reseat to the cone like it’s supposed to. Any ideas on a remedy for this?
94221FD5-6162-4E8A-9920-78D2713EA9BE.jpeg

F36491CC-C6B6-47B4-928D-071477179391.jpeg

Thanks for that, that’s the video I used to reference.
Ok,Well,Something probably assembled incorrectly. Sometimes easy to overlook a backwards part or parts in the wrong order. I struggled a bit with a S/A 3 speed/coaster brake a couple of years ago..Try this link........http://www.sturmey-archerheritage.com/index.php?page=history&type=technic... Scroll down to 1954. It has a manual for a GH6 Dynohub. Real nice exploded view in there. Scroll down to 1958 for another one. Not the best but you might see something helpful

Last edited:
Awesome, and thanks! Very possible I got something backwards..first one I’ve worked on.

It seems like I have everything correct by the pic, but can’t get the tip of the fixed cone through the dyno part like it’s supposed to.

Hmm, Maybe you have the cones switched? They are 2 different part numbers. Maybe the shape where a wrench goes is different and holding things apart?

Well, what turned out to be odd was me...I had the fixed cone reversed, with the wrong side towards the dyno unit. What an idiot...oh well, live and learn. Appreciate all of the help!
A9CF7680-875C-4BA3-834E-D874ED4C6AB2.png

Back