When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometime bikes bum me out....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Well, sigh.... since I'm trying to pare myself down to 3-6 bikes, I decided to put together my rider/beater a 1947 Schwinn straightbar.
I took all 4 motors off her and started to re-build her. Was gonna put a 3 spd wheel on her, but found out the wheel I was gonna use is a huge 26" (foreign) Sturmey Archer(reason one). Think it is about the size of a Schwinn S-7. 'course I got rid of my s-7 tires, so can't tell right now. (reason 2 I'm bummed). So I put the Forebraked S-2 I had reserved for her. Can't find my 2.125 inner tubes (third reason), but found a modern 1.90/2.235 tube. On to the rear... decided to install my S-2 ND coaster, only to find out it was a Bendix with a ND brake arm(4th reason bummed). Finally found a Bendix with a 1/2" pitch, so swapped guts and "new" tube I found had a hole(fifth reason bummed). After locating 5 tubes (none of the missing stash) I found one that held air. Next install fork. couldn't locate OG bearings/races and you guessed it, took 4 ever to locate some to use (sixth time bummed).
Ok, time for fenders... still had dents, thought I took all of them out...guess not (seventh bum). Went to install front fender, no 1/4" x20 screw.. found one... NOT 1/4". was 5/16" course!(eight bum). Ok that done, finally found rear brace screws (not ones I had in mind), then went to put on rack.....ah there are my brace screws! remove first set of screws and put in correct set (ninth X bummed).
Ok, put on new drop stand clip. needed to bend out a tad.... snapped in two!!!!:mad:, must have been over heat treated? (tenth X bummed). Went to put on another clip...holes don't match...(11th bum). Went to install stem, not correct one, (12th bum) dig, dig, found one, cleaned it, installed. Rest went ok. Must have been the 12 Bums of Christmas?
ps; decided to put a S/A 3 spd on my spare S-2 rim. so's I could put on this bike sometime.... yea, grabbed too long a spokes. took off/respoked, correct size... Yeah!

pics.... chain guard off an all original 1948 Schwinn Cadillac. Some how this doesn't look like $1200.00........

Attachments

• DSC04672.JPG
    DSC04672.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Some days it's two steps forward, one step back. Could be worse; other days are no steps forward.

...guess I've been lucky prior....

Sometimes the best thing to do is not do anything at all until
you are in a positive mode. (your bike will appreciate this)

Negativity has a way of taxing happiness.
Looking forward for the pics tonight.

Even though it may not go smoothly, Just remember you are still getting to play with your collection. I smile every chance I get to play.:)

Back