When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Somewhat confused...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
What is with the recent influx of people that seem to be lost coming here? I'm seeing posts dragged up from several years ago in the for sale section. Items for sale without any sort of information whatsoever. I'm just curious as to why all of the sudden we are seeing this now more than usual. Is it just me? Bit of a headache. I can't tell you how many times now I have went to look at an item that is atop the list and it's only there because some mongoloid doesn't know the difference between 2015 and 2018. Forum isn't all that difficult to navigate. Almost seems like the real world is starting to slip through the cracks and into this forum. Le sigh.

Is this because of the upgrade to software? I get it if it has helped the forum to grow. That's great. But, drawing in idiots who only sign up to dredge up 3 and 4 year old posts about items that are long sold...Yeah.

I shall now load my cannon with forks, knives, chess pieces, and hardened horse turds. Please, let me know when they're gone.

I'm no newbie and I'm no ancient vet but this post is a more than a bit disheartening. I personally enjoy seeing new people get into the hobby and I never like seeing people treat them poorly. We were all new to this site at some point. I still get treated like an idiot by many of the old-timers and I can never for the life of me figure out why. Remember that saying your parents, teachers and other people of authority and knowledge would tell you when you were learning something?? "There are no stupid questions". It's true. If you don't know something, the only way you can find the answer is to ask. It's easier to just help them out rather than call them names and shame them into leaving. That's not constructive. Nobody just starts doing something and is an instant professional or guru. That's just not how it works. Why post something like this and scare people out of our hobby? Why discourage them from asking questions? I don't get it. I'm not pontificating here and I'm not disparaging your feelings. You're entitled to be any way you want. But give new guys a chance is how I see it. They'll figure it out.

One last thing - when people are digging up old posts of for sale items, it's almost always because that item was never marked "sold". If the seller had done that, these people would most likely not have to ask if it was available. Regardless when something was posted - 2015 or 2018 - some people are desperately searching for elusive parts and so it's worth it to ask. Just my 2 cents. I've found items from a few years ago and really hoped they are still available.

Again, sorry if this sounded as if it was pontificating. It was not meant to sound that way. I just have a different view of it. Keep riding!

Back