When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sorry folks, another bike ID needed.

-

JoeUpstateNY

Look Ma, No Hands!
Behold a vintage women's bicycle. Head badge says Skyway. I'm thinking, judging by the front ring design, it was made by Ross bicycles. It looks ealry 60's. I'm certain that htere may be mismatched parts on this. The rear wheel set looks aftermarket. I may be wrong. Anyway, I bought this for the front sprocket, it will go on a Ross men's custom Deluxe. Any thouhgts on this bike....serial number look up? As always, any help is appreciated in advance.

ask1.jpg

ask2.jpg

ask2.jpg

ask3.jpg

ask4.jpg

ask5.jpg

ask6.jpg

ask7.jpg

ask8.jpg

ask9.jpg

ask10.jpg

ask11.jpg

ask12.jpg

Behold a vintage women's bicycle. Head badge says Skyway. I'm thinking, judging by the front ring design, it was made by Ross bicycles. It looks ealry 60's. I'm certain that htere may be mismatched parts on this. The rear wheel set looks aftermarket. I may be wrong. Anyway, I bought this for the front sprocket, it will go on a Ross men's custom Deluxe. Any thouhgts on this bike....serial number look up? As always, any help is appreciated in advance.

View attachment 1829867

View attachment 1829868

View attachment 1829869

View attachment 1829870

View attachment 1829871

View attachment 1829872

View attachment 1829873

View attachment 1829874

View attachment 1829875

View attachment 1829876

View attachment 1829877

View attachment 1829878

View attachment 1829879
Nice pics, but a pic of the whole bike is needed, plus the headbadge

Definitely a Chain Bike Co/Ross built, around '60 was the last year they used the 'bowling ball' chain ring. Bikes that were badged Ross have a serial # starting with R, then a two digit year, such as 'R601234'. But, some of the dept. store badges have their own numbering systems.

Back