When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sources for Teen era Head tube bearings

-

Bozman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Restoring a 1913 Columbia Model 312 and need smaller sized head tube bearings. 5/32 inch bearings, with 17 ball bearings and 1 7/16 inch outer diameter.

So now that Memory Lane is but a memory where can I find these bearings and other odd size bearings?

Need one but would like to have 5 so I can have a few in stock for other projects.

Thanks in advance

Boz
e19eec1353c479e9a3ac43f12a047434.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I’ve got a large stash of NOS teens/ twenties bearings JD, I’ll put some up for sale when I get home from Hershey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 4 proper O.D. and bearing size, but only 16 bearings each. see photos. You are welcome to them.

Mike
IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

Another option is to buy loose 5/32 ball bearings and install into your bearing races using grease to keep them in place while assembling. Since they are not caged, one or two extra balls will fit.
I might have to do that on my 1898 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne. They have REALLY small 16 bearing bearings.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would suggest just using loose bearings if you can't find the correct size of caged bearings.
they are pretty easy to use, just put some grease in the corner of the cups and stick them in there one next to the other.
I have 100's for different sizes if caged bearings
I will check if i have the correct size for you, if I do I will PM you and sell them to you for FREE :)
nothing better to help finish up a bike when only the bearings are the missing pieces

I have found these odd 17 x 5/32 bearings on later 20s and early 30s Westfield bikes; they also had odd cup sizes (about 31 mm) and 1”-26 threads per inch top cone and top nut.

Back