When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner dimensions.... help

-

BrentP

Finally riding a big boys bike
As part of my restoration, I want to reapply a good facsimile of the original seat tube decal that was found on the 1964/65 Spaceliner (located between the lower top tube and the bottom bracket), but need a few things verified for me as the decal was completely gone from my project bike.

In the pic below, the band colors are red and blue (I remember them from my own Spaceliner in the 60's as being transparent) and maybe thin bands of gold bracketing the blue band, but it's tough to tell from the photo and I can't recall from memory what the thin bands might have been. I believe there was also a round, white Sears logo decal in the center of the red band, and I have sourced one of these.

Where I need help is with the band dimensions and their positions in relation to the top tube and bottom bracket so I can get them sized and positioned properly. I also need verification about whether there is a colored band that brackets the blue bands, and what the color is. Does anyone have a 1964/65 Spaceliner with the original decal intact that they could measure for me? You can see exactly what I'm referring to in the picture below.

Thanks,
Brent

tubedecal.jpg

Last edited:
Back