When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPACELINER***FOUND

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
He needs to--are you riding this weekend Michael? V/r Shawn
Probably not... but I really want to be at every ride.

I am getting ready to deep clean this Typhoon in an OA bath and upgrade rear to a two speed kickback...then I will have a decent HC bike to ride with you guys.
xhnw8g2amBrPe3_z7zEF5AVMYtEuNIchKkNyKF4dugfPYe-fjP6cyBleOuQvGOZbdvY7nvB-O2jdMpMCKR4=w850-h637-no.jpg

Stoney:
Your bike looks like a '64 or '65 according to old catalog cut. However, for the straight scoop, check out the sticky thread heading this forum entitled "The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference."
Smooth riding, Andy

Hi Andy, thanks. I did look at the sticky. It does look to be a '64-'65. Thanks for the help. Ray

Hi Ray. I just replied to your PM and hadn't seen this thread. The best way to identify whether it's a '64 or '65 is to look at the tire production codes on the sidewalls of the tires and figure out when the tires were manufactured (it's not infallible, but it will give a decent approximation of when the bike was built). I describe how to do this in my Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference in the section headed "The Bikes", but here's the full text and image from the information link.

BTW, your bike is an absolute STUNNER! Kudos on such a great find.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sears Tire Codes.jpg

Sears Allstate bicycle tires can be dated using the 3-circle stamps on the tire sidewall.

The stamps cover a 12 year period. The relevant period stamps for the 1960's cover the years from 1960 to 1971 (12 years). Each circle is divided into quarters to represent a year. The final quarter section to have dots indicates the year of manufacture, and the number of dots within that quarter section (1-4) indicates the quarter in which the tire was manufactured.

This example image shows that 1965 is the year of manufacture (all previous years are filled with 4 dots), and because there is 1 dot in the 1965 section it indicates that the tire was manufactured in the first quarter of 1965.

NOTE: Tire dates give an approximation of when the bike was manufactured, but may not be exact because tires may have been in inventory for some time prior to manufacture of the bike they were mounted on. It's common to see tires manufactured in different quarters to be mounted on the same bike.

Hi Brent, I just looked at my tires, I guess I am a '64. 2nd quarter of '64 ? There are 2 dots in the 1st quarter of the second pie. Thanks again for the info.

Hi Brent, I just looked at my tires, I guess I am a '64. 2nd quarter of '64 ? There are 2 dots in the 1st quarter of the second pie. Thanks again for the info.
Yup... you definitely have a '64

Back