When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner in red

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
It took a while but I finally found another Spaceliner locally. The original owner has had it since he was a boy. It has the original Allstate tires. I tested a spot and should clean up nicely. I haven’t had time to date it yet.

dd0b8502e60124b886d0571127f34a4b.jpg
e5a0c63bb013f84065eb17308ad01c7c.jpg
53adedfeabc6edfff49c33a7619167e0.jpg
f4d1143199dd0d1a5b84d4ee16a21ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, A Schwinn S reflector on a Spaceliner! Never seen such a thing before.
lol.gif
That should clean up really nice.

This clean up should be a breeze compared to the last one. You are the chrome master. Are you gonna try to save the decals on the fenders? I see the front is a Disney one, whats the rear decal / sticker ?

It may sound silly but I’d like to remove the Disney sticker but save it. It’s a good conversation starter.

In terms of collector value, would it be worth it to keep the original tires even if they aren’t vibrant? They’re cracking and faded but in overall good shape.

In terms of collector value, would it be worth it to keep the original tires even if they aren’t vibrant? They’re cracking and faded but in overall good shape.

A scrub brush and dish soap will clean up old tires pretty well. As for value of the bike, I tend to like vintage tires on bikes but I don't think they add value to the bike unless there in perfect condition.

Back