When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner Restoration

-
Mu Spaceliner has the same spacing on the front tire/fender…. probably to allow for the springer to work and tire not to rub.

As for the tires….what if you tried a 2' tire instead of a 2.125…..might work…?

Wayne

Your probably correct on the fender clearance, I didn't even think about the springer. It just looks weird to me.
Bigger tires would help the look, it has the original 1.75 tires.
Kenny

Hey Gene....The balloon tires are a real tight fit on these middleweights. I have tried and have only found one manufacturer tire that is doable even though it is a real tight one.
And for the life of me I can't remember which they are.
I have a set of these tires on my Huffy Eldorado. But the rub the fender stays so I had to tweak the stays by adding a slight bow in them. Also the clearance is so tight because of the height of the balloon tires it will rub the fender tips. Had 5 tweak them too.
As I recall h our Spaceliners have the older style springer front forks and that could create a clearance issue as well.

Because I have fallen in love with the balloon tire look lately, riding on the middleweight tires just feels like it's not meaty enough.
I'll post the name of the aftermarket tires once I remember them.
Sorry for the brain fart.

Gene they were Kenda's 2.125 that I used on the middleweight. If you have a set try mounting them.
I don't have the bike anymore but I'm pretty sure they worked with a little tweaking to the fender stay braces.

Back