When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner tank mount tab?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm working on a '65 boys Spaceliner. I bought it w/o a tank...now I have one. At the rearmost end - where the rivet hinge thing is located - it appears that there was a tab on the underside of the cross tube that gave support at the tank's rear. Mine, is broken off. Does any one have a clever solution? All I can figure is to fashion one out of some aluminum and bolt it on by drilling into the cross tube from underneath. Thanks.

I assume it's this style frame?
IMG_0935.jpg

If the frame is chrome like this 1 & this style? I wouldn't drill it. The tabs are just barely spot welded so I would just use a little JB weld sparingly so not to make a grey mess

Is it a Spaceliner or a Flightliner you have? The posted pic is a pre-64 Flightliner, which has a different frame design and tank attachment than a '65 Spaceliner.

If you do, indeed, have a '65 Spaceliner, these pics of the rear frame tank tab will help you to Macgyver a fix. For reference orientation, in these closeups the frame is flipped upside down with the fork to the left.

IMG_20201103_0852379.jpg

IMG_20201103_0852571~3.jpg

Here's another pic that makes it easier to see the difference between the Spaceliner and Flightliner tanks, and the under-mount position of the tank and tab on the '65 Spaceliner.

1964-65 Spaceliner Model 46306 (a) (3).jpg

Back