When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner tire question

-
I’ve successfully done this last year with a middleweight typhoon that typically takes a 26x1 3/4 tire and I ran a set of S-2 rims with rounded profile 2.125 size tires with no issues. Consider this though..my wheels were perfectly straight.

DE8775D2-F680-4F9D-A6E2-F28DB9FFDA33.jpeg

Last edited:
However, if you’re after a pair of correct size 1.75 for Murray middleweight, the owner of this 63 Astro Flite picked up these tires from Bicycle Heaven. I understand he has several sets in stock. Kenda brand.

CCEFFA01-D1CB-4A30-83DE-EC783C3C6C25.jpeg

Back when I was in Jr. High I had a Foremost (Spaceliner clone) that I put the 26x 2.125 tires on. They do fit, but they rub the braces. I finally took them off after I got tired of having to keep tweaking the braces.

Back when I was in Jr. High I had a Foremost (Spaceliner clone) that I put the 26x 2.125 tires on. They do fit, but they rub the braces. I finally took them off after I got tired of having to keep tweaking the braces.
If you're Not 100% worried about Original or have spare braces I have made them wrap around the outside like the Colorflow. A piece of thin aluminum bar stock looks nice if you anneal and bend it carefully. Make your attachment holes, Dremel or File your shape to fit your frame. Little bit of Custom; paint match, contrast, & my favorite Polished for those shiny bike owners

People! It's a middleweight! Middleweight means 26 X 1.75 or 26 X 1-3/4! Sorry, I didn't mean to shout.
Trade me a frame identical to mine meant for 2.0 or 2.125" then. :rolleyes: can't help I like wider tires & some middleweights have kitschy cool frames.
My new to me Columbia was purchased for these reasons; 2 yr only frame, welded on rear rack, Rat Rod theme already applied, and I won't ever feel bad about what I do with it to enjoy riding it! I don't intend to sell it in my life time. If I do it will be 1 helluva over priced let go.

On my Murray, I have 2.125 balloon tires, and had to leave the MW fenders off; the fender mounting provisions on the 1960’s Murray frame were fairly lightweight.

Back