When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like a Spaceliner to me. Tail light (that he removed) is definitely the same as the one that was on the Spaceliner I had.

Well,The Spaceliner had a different frame,tank,maybe other parts?

upload_2018-5-3_12-39-59.jpeg

spaceliner.jpg

BTW,My friend had 2 chrome Flightliners back in the day,One for a paper route and the other his Dad only allowed out on Sunday,lol

I believe the bike in question is in fact a Flightliner. Here are a couple of the pics from the Craigslist ad.
00b0b_5xGLnRbQ9kR_600x450.jpg
00707_gvCUG2idsMK_600x450.jpg

I had one like this that said JC Higgins on the tank, and Flightliner on the chainguard.

I could be wrong here, but I believe the Spaceliners were all labeled "Sears" and the Flightliners were "JC Higgins" although both were sold by Sears. Again, I may be wrong but I don't ever recall hearing of a
"JC Higgins Spaceliner" or a
"Sears Flightliner"

No big deal,Hey,I noticed where you live. Do you know whats going on with ROJO? It was a great place to go on bikes. Do you ever go to Penny Black? Another good one,actually better,it has a nice terrace and the booze (beer too) is served ice cold! Its about 6 miles from home and makes a nice ride for dinner/drinks

No big deal,Hey,I noticed where you live. Do you know whats going on with ROJO? It was a great place to go on bikes. Do you ever go to Penny Black? Another good one,actually better,it has a nice terrace and the booze (beer too) is served ice cold! Its about 6 miles from home and makes a nice ride for dinner/drinks

Will show my ignorance....not at all sure what you are referring to. ROJO and Penny Black? To be honest, about the only riding I do around here is on the trails, Clinton River, Paint Creek, etc. Far too hilly for my old legs otherwise. From my house to downtown Rochester is only a mile and a half north, but if I was to ride my bike there, I would be doing at least 100 mph when I arrived downtown, that's how steep the hill is. That or the brakes on the bike would be completely melted. Imagine my 76 year old legs trying to reverse direction for home....! Even around my home the streets are too hilly. Going south through my subdivision, I can leave my driveway and not pedal for about a mile as I wind around. Different story again heading for home.
The ice cold beer though is surely a temptation I assure you!

Mike

Will show my ignorance....not at all sure what you are referring to. ROJO and Penny Black? To be honest, about the only riding I do around here is on the trails, Clinton River, Paint Creek, etc. Far too hilly for my old legs otherwise. From my house to downtown Rochester is only a mile and a half north, but if I was to ride my bike there, I would be doing at least 100 mph when I arrived downtown, that's how steep the hill is. That or the brakes on the bike would be completely melted. Imagine my 76 year old legs trying to reverse direction for home....! Even around my home the streets are too hilly. Going south through my subdivision, I can leave my driveway and not pedal for about a mile as I wind around. Different story again heading for home.
The ice cold beer though is surely a temptation I assure you!

Mike
They are/were both restaurants. Penny Black is the old Post Office,On 4TH or 5Th Street. Rojo is gone,It was on the N/W corner of 4TH or 5Th @ Main. We rode to Penny Black yesterday afternoon. We get there from Shelby Township (24 Mile @ Mound) via the Macomb Orchard/Paint Creek trails,one in the same trail just different counties.

Back