When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spalding Chainless

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Still wondering what seatpost the bike would have came with anyone have one or know what it looks like I believe it is L shaped and has a pinch bolt with a square fitting like the handlebars can anyone confirm this ?
IMG_20190806_213019161_HDR.jpg

Looks like that.

Great bike! steel clad woodies came in about 1919. I would guess your cycle is 1901-2ish. Some bike shop may have laced a steel clad up at some point if it indeed is. Hope no one's messed with the rear wheel yet. To save the straight pull spokes, soak with Kroil, and carefully heat nipples with a small propane torch tip to help loosen if need be. Don't try to turn over half a turn unless they are not frozen. almost impossible to replace those spokes.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks now to find one. if anyone has one no matter how ruff please let me know. I also need a front wheel not sure I wanna remove the rear rim It’s straight and those spokes are so hard to find I may just try to find a metal clad front rim complete since the front hub I need seems impossible to find

I usually use an electric soldering gun to loosen the nipples if frozen. Just heat them till hot to the touch and they will come off but go slow. And like bicycle said those ball end spokes are rarer than hens teeth.

Awesome thanks now to find one. if anyone has one no matter how ruff please let me know. I also need a front wheel not sure I wanna remove the rear rim It’s straight and those spokes are so hard to find I may just try to find a metal clad front rim complete since the front hub I need seems impossible to find
someone here should have a front wheel in wood or clad with a hub like that. if not maybe just a hub...

It’s possible to make ball end spokes, using stainless steel beads and silver solder onto stainless steel spokes.

Back