When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spanner wrench tips needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nick-theCut

I live for the CABE
Attempting to loosen the sprocket set nut
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344291327.619467.jpg

I know that it is threaded in reverse, anyone have tips on getting good leverage? Ps I do not have a vise

I'm attempting to get my ND mod A to a 1/2" pitch sprocket

Kinda at a loss, mate I need more tools, maybe I need to think out of the box. Ideas?

First, do yourself a favor and buy a bench-vise and bolt it securely to your work-bench. Always have some scrap wood blocks around for padding the jaws and holding weird shapes...
But if you must attempt without, try to somehow secure the hub. Use a flat head screwdriver and affix it into one of the spanner wrench keyways and gently rap on it with a hammer in the proper direction. You've probably already soaked it, but if not, squirt a few drops of penetrating oil (PB Blaster, Aerokroil, etc.) onto it and let it soak in a bit before trying to remove...Good luck!

i use

i use my bicycle stand to hold the crank arm on the outside of the sproket, it only needs to support the weight of the crank assembly. you dont need excessive force.then use a drift ( sort of like a nail punch but not a chisel, with a flat face,not pointed.) you can get them in several sizes. i have one that is smaller than the hole in the nut thats illustrated. use a metal hammer and drive the nut in the direction that you want holding the drift almost horizontal to the nut.only a coulple of good hits should do it. you only need to loosen it. it will unscrew by hand after it starts moving.

Half way there. Collectively were a genius. Thanks so far.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344310644.607559.jpg

Is the cog reverse threaded as well?
How the heck am I going to get these separated. Geez

Last edited:
I believe the cog is standard thread, and the nut is left hand thread.
I just took one apart last week, they are definitely opposing so as to lock....
I removed the cog in the same manner as I described earlier except I used a piece of round aluminum rod to gently tap the cog in the counter clockwise direction till it loosens.
Your'e getting there!

It's official, this project is impossible. Well with my tools.
I've clamped it down as secure as possible and pounded on the sprocket counter clockwise... No love.
Hell I can't even find the replacement 1/2" pitch sprocket anyway. This is tough.
Someone hook me up with complete model A hub, I'll use this ones parts.

Back