When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spartan badged schwinn project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cl222

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've posted this before and I don't know what category it falls into. Its not a restoration and its not kustom but I know its what I've been wanting to build for a while and its finally getting done. I'm getting a better quality tank made up by my brother. then its getting some new paint. probably be a while until I get around to painting it because of school (Global Vocab.:() but it will be done by spring and this is what it will look like.
unnamed_zps0b5cee70-1.jpg

Not the best drawing but it will give me a plan for what I want it to look like.
This is what it looks like now
1471337_704092302934420_1250565852_n_zps-1.jpg

I'd go along w/ that. Looks like an interesting project. Liking these Motorbikes more lately.

Its been a long 2 months of slow progress. This yellow paint its so hard to get off! This build is also on Ratrodbikes because is really a cross between common tastes in bikes from both websites. Like the plate on the fender and the little guards I added near the BB are something that would be more commonly found on ratrodbikes.com than thecabe. But it is still a 1920s schwinn built bike with a chicago cycle bade. (the number on the plate is just a number from the range of years it could have been built)
The paint is not going to look like the drawing. It will more resemble a reverse paint sears chief with a tank. I redid the seat in black and will have black straps holding the tank on.

I took one last picture with the bike before the tear down for paint.
unnamed_zps779ec50d-1.jpg

Last edited:
Its been a long 2 months of slow progress. This yellow paint its so hard to get off! This build is also on Ratrodbikes because is really a cross between common tastes in bikes from both websites. Like the plate on the fender and the little guards I added near the BB are something that would be more commonly found on ratrodbikes.com than thecabe. But it is still a 1920s schwinn built bike with a chicago cycle bade. (the number on the plate is just a number from the range of years it could have been built)
The paint is not going to look like the drawing. It will more resemble a reverse paint sears chief with a tank. I redid the seat in black and will have blank straps holding the tank on.

I took one last picture with the bike before the tear down for paint.
unnamed_zps779ec50d-1.jpg
Cool pic. Is that your sears Master hanging on the wall? Like your fender # plate too!

Cool pic. Is that your sears Master hanging on the wall? Like your fender # plate too!
It is the master hanging without wheels. Its going to get some new rims for spring and hopefully bars too. I contacted someone about the original california bars that would have been on this bike. I hope they still have them.

Paint

In my last post I said the paint would more resemble a reverse paint sears chief... this is how I'm painting it right now.
1623769_737700662906917_1996326703_n_zps-1.jpg

sorry for the bad picture. I will try to upload a better one later.

Your sketches are as cool as the bike! Definately showing your artistic spirit! Im diggin it!

Back