When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special tool for TOC BB?

-

Griff2003

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Besides going at it with a flathead screwdriver, is there a specific tool they used in the day to get the nut off these? I’ll most likely have to make one if I have to. In process of breaking this bike down for refurbishing and would like to take it easy on her.
DD1E5C7E-6FB5-484F-824C-C99C426BB7DB.jpeg

Last edited:
How stuck is that nut? The HCW-11 looks a little flimsy, and some reviews mention that. A long soak in the penetrating oil of your choice and judicious application of heat will almost always get something to move. Start with the tools you have then move on to the tools that are cheap and move on from there . If you can secure the bike frame well a brass drift punch should be in everyone's tool box and is a good start.

How stuck is that nut? The HCW-11 looks a little flimsy, and some reviews mention that. A long soak in the penetrating oil of your choice and judicious application of heat will almost always get something to move. Start with the tools you have then move on to the tools that are cheap and move on from there . If you can secure the bike frame well a brass drift punch should be in everyone's tool box and is a good start.
Not too bad the bike is pretty clean. Haven’t attempted to remove it yet, been letting it soak. Just hate to marr up the parts on old girls like this one. Going to start with what I have. And the most delicate way possible!! It’s rare I get one this nice.

Back