When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

specialized Rockhopper - anyone know what year it is?

-

pizz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
gIHniZIh-1.jpg

could'nt pass it up for 10 dollars ...I needed a seat anyway.

That's a great rigid hard tail. I can't tell if it's got an aheadset or not. I'm gonna guess 90-92. Fantastic buy. I love rigid mountain bikes and especially specialized. Rob.

thanks rob. its missing front and back derailer and shifters and seatpost clamp. Frames in decent shape.

That is a 1995 Rockhopper. If it has the original cranks, they may be under recall. Just do a Google search for " Shimano crank recall", and check the recalled part numbers against what is stamped on the backsides of your crank arms. If it is one of the recalled cranks, your local bike shop can get a replacement kit from Shimano. The kids will include cranks, bottom bracket, chain, and front derailleur. It's recall that was issued in 1997, but recalls never expire. I've replaced three in th last six months. There was an issue with some crank arms breaking.

thanks bikinjack!!
I'll have to check that out when i get home... I dont have the front derailer, hope maybe they can give me one without an exchange if i qualify for the recall.

welp ..wish i had a LBS ....gonna have to find a Specialized dealer i guess.

HO6o3Jrl-1.jpg

w7DAlQGl-1.jpg

Back