When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzie

I live for the CABE
I got a good deal on this reproduction LL frame recently and slammed it together today. Shipping a complete LL to Australia would be prohibitive in terms of cost. I’ve named it the Speed Liner as it has been stripped of all the heavy parts and fitted with a Nexus 7. The only other parts I got with the frame are the kick stand and chain guard.

I pulled the seat, wheels, fork and handlebars from my late 60’s Typhoon rat rod bike and bought 2 new Tioga Powerblock tires. Ape hangers are the only bars that work for me on these frames with their short head tube as I am 6’2 with a bad neck.

The head tube is a weird size which has 34mm cups usually used with 1 1/8” forks. I didn’t get the headset so I used an alloy bushing kit, pressed them into the head tube and then used a 30mm headset from a discarded late model Electra.

The fork is from a 50’s or 60’s Schwinn that had a front brake and I have a pair of CWC truss rods on the way to me that i will eventually fit. I used a Schwinn seat post clamp as the original one barely works and cut a seat post from some solid 5/8” stainless rod.

Other parts include Electra ape hanger bars and chainwheel, BMX style stem, Tektro front brake, 80’s Dia-compe brake lever and a pair of MKS pedals. Later I plan to fit a set of 3 piece cranks and do something with the original LL chainguard that I got with the frame.

These frames are nicely built and finished in a tough black powder coat. It rides like a Cadillac, is super comfortable, brakes on a dime and fast with the slick Nexus 7 hub.

I can see myself putting heaps of miles on this one with summer coming up.

Last edited:
Rode 20 miles on the Speed Liner today after fitting a set of 3 piece cranks and a pair of old bmx pedals. It rides great and suits me perfectly.

I also weighed it and it came in at 35lbs, not bad for a big tank bike frame with a heavy nexus 7 hub (weighing 4 lbs), forged steel forks and a solid stainless seat post. My friend’s small framed 26” bmx with a light 3 speed nexus hub weighed only 2 lbs less.

Back