When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedo gear adjustment

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1817cent

Riding my 41 Super Deluxe Autocycle
How do you adjust a prewar speedo cable to make the gear engage the plate/sprocket on the wheel? Mine has a gap between the gear at the end of the cable and the sprocket on the wheel. thanks, Jay

The box that the fiber wheel is housed in, is slotted.
So, you loosen the nut that the drive cable is housed in.
It's underneath the gear box.
Once you have loosed the nut, give it a couple of light taps, and it will slid towards the drive wheel that attach to your wheel.
Ideally, there should be just a slight gap between the drive wheel and the bottom of the teeth on the fiber wheel.
That assures that it spins freely without binding.
If you still don't have enough engagement, then you can bend the bracket where it hangs down from the axle.
That hanger, should be against the fork, with truss rods, fender braces etc. outside of that.
Hope this helps, good luck!

I have my fiber gear adjusted a bit too high but it operates quitely. The assembly takes some time to fit properly. I don’t like how my conduit touches the front axle, I don’t have a remedy for that one.

26A80B39-9885-4F91-9AD7-E5B6C765159C.jpeg

471DCFC6-3F32-442A-BE88-53C77E6AEF89.jpeg

08786360-5B31-4F2A-BC11-C08CBF3AE8FF.jpeg

Back