When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedo hub drive question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
I’m the new kid on the block here so here is my first post. I recently picked up a lemon color Speedster with all the bells and whistles. It was made in June of 73 which makes it extra special cuz that’s when I graduated from HS. Anyway she is in very good condition and noticed a part that fell off as I rolled it to the room. It was the long gear part in the hub drive . Apparently the cap was loose and the part slipped out. I couldn’t put it back in because it would not slide all the way in. I found a site showing how to take the drive apart which I did and cleaned all the grit and gunk with kerosene. I reassembled everything and the hub spins great, I need to add some bearing grease before putting it back on the bike. I did notice one of the ears missing from the spinning part so I wonder if this is ok? I hate to buy another hub drive since I only need the twin arm part. Here are photos of the hub drive and the Speedster. The speedo was working ok before the part slipped out.

D1903938-BFDC-4982-8D75-5E2E39D84DFC.jpeg

BAC6168A-5CA1-4DBE-950D-AA4769295562.jpeg

Back